Take-aways and important touch points participants found valuable:
Nitric Oxide: “connecting the sun with nitric oxide” ….”the different sounds humming” ….”immune system support of NO” ….”how our body produces this super-molecule naturally.”
Nasya Oil: “the integrity of the membranes for immune support and how oiling the inner skin helps protect me” …”I have never heard of Nasya before tonight. So valuable. Thank you.“
Low vs Belly Breath: “how I felt in my back from a belly breath vs. a low breath made me realize how important attention is to health.” …”I actually feel an ease in my breath with the low breath, not with belly breath.”
Nose is best breath: “the nose has 3x the resistance of the mouth for strengthening the diaphragm muscle.” …”the nose gives us 3 extra days of immune support than the mouth.”
So many more comments were made regarding the valuable information from this presentation at the Ashland Food Co-op on August 23, 2023.
What are your take-aways from this presentation? Comments? Questions?
Nasal Breathing is actually the natural way that air is exchanged from the outside to the inside of the body through the nasal passages. And yes it does mean keeping your mouth shut during all activities except eating, talking and hi-intensity activity. By cultivating and optimizing this #1 Healthy Habit you will be promoting your health in many ways. The ways, the why’s and the how’s were discussed in the recording. This was an incredibly informative conversation for the purpose of making nasal breathing the way to breathe to promote health and well-being. Included in the recording are:
- Science based information on respiratory physiology – the physiology of breathing from a gas exchange perspective.
- Anatomy and relationships in movement (with a practical participation in standing) related to the diaphragm and how the nose has a resistance that encourages the diaphragm to work at it’s peak for breathing, staying strong through nasal breathing. Understanding where air is exchanged in the lungs and why a low breath is most advantageous to promoting health through the most important function – Oxygen delivery.
- Why and How nasal breathing regulates the autonomic nervous system. Breathing Low and Slow.
- What air hunger, or breathlessness, is and why it’s unhealthy to react with a big breath, or mouth open breathing.
- The importance of Nitric Oxide in health and the 3 ways to primarily support Nitric Oxide production. More on Nitric Oxide in this article.
- Membrane integrity and the immeasurable value of keeping the “inner skin” moist for mobilization of particles, pollutants and organisms that are a threat to your health from entering your body. And why nasal breathing is the only way to promote membrane integrity of the nasal and oral passages and further into lungs and stomach. Ways to support membrane integrity with Neti, Nasya, Essential Oils and Mouth taping.
- What the B.O.L.T score means and how to do it as best feedback for your physiology. This article has a video to follow to make the measure meaningful.
- Short Breath Holds practice introduced to aide in promoting nasal breathing as the norm.
- Breathe Soft and Light and experiencing breathlessness and how you react to the feeling, and how this helps improve the #1 Healthy Habit of nasal breathing more and more.
- Q&A’s along the way.