“Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional” – Buddhist proverb
I always remind myself of this powerful statement in my own life, and in the ways I can contribute to helping you reduce your own suffering. The oath of the healing arts practitioner – “first do no harm.”
Movements that ignites the health of the body invite the individual to journey just beyond themselves; to investigate the right kind of challenge in forgotten, or uncharted, territory that moves them toward their goals and draws their attention to what’s needed along the way. Movements that promote subtler aspects of vitality and power are key to sustaining the true health of the body. This is not about what you think in regards to fitness – going to the gym, or an exercise class, going for a run; rather it is about the dynamics within all movements you develop access through feeling, and skill to use according to the seasonalities of your body and life.
Moving Into Harmony offers you the opportunity to go to a place of not yet understood layers of support and collaborative activities in your body-mind ecosystem and we invite you, the attentive explorer, to step into a territory that:
- ignites discovery – opening doorways to natural unbound potential,
- inspires vivid integration of newly found freedoms and vitality,
- animates achievements – the fruits of your efforts that are carried through life, and
- emboldens your capacity to age gracefully.
*Note: Telehealth Discovery Sessions are available as free inquiry into the nature of what limits you. These are offered to help you decide your best path may be for your journey of health.
Over time, with your consistent playfulness and attentiveness to movements that promote and circulate health, you will not only feel the freedom from suffering and the limitations in your life, but you will also harness the capacities**:
- Develop strength from an internal layer of stability (not your muscles).
- Promote fluidity as the essence of flexibility.
- Connect and interactwith the subtle, natural phenomena within you, which signals and guides how you move in your life.
- Freely move your whole body in coordinated ways from a spacious balance-point.
- Gain agility and responsiveness, and experience your own sense of athletic accomplishment.
- Compassionately adhere and endure what life brings you.
This is why Moving Into Harmony emphasizes that Movement as Medicine is essential to harnessing your health. In my 26 years as a practitioner, I’ve come to understand and respect that one’s individual journey on the path of healing is based on the whole person – their body-mind ecosystem and it is this honorable opportunity that I gratefully serve. It provides me the lens to assist you with the best possible solutions.
Get a Free Telehealth Discovery Session
(see details in Telehealth)
**Please join me in my series, Movement as Medicine where I expand on the concepts shared in this introduction.
**Exciting news: This article was featured in a collaborative of health professionals – GoTherex. You can visit this post and find out more about GoTherex here.