Shawn M. Flot, PT, MPT
Educational Background, Accreditations, Publications, Experience
- Bachelors of Science, Kinesiology, Minor in Motor Control – (University of Washington, Seattle 1986 – 1988; University of Colorado, Boulder 1988 – 1991)
- Masters in Physical Therapy, M.P.T. — (Northern Arizona University, 1991-1994; Master’s Thesis (research)—“The Effect of Padded Hosiery in Reducing Forefoot Plantar Pressures.”
- Shawn Flot, MPT; Von Hill, MPT; Wesley Yamada, DPM; Thomas McPoil, PHD, PT, ATC; and Mark Cornwall, PHD, PT; “The Effect of Padded Hosiery in Reducing Forefoot Plantar Pressures in The Lower Extremity,” The Lower Extremity, Vol. 2, No. 3, September 1995.
- E-RYT 200 – Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance – summer 2013.
- RYT 200 – Regsitered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance – spring 2011.
- Adaptive Yoga Level 1 certification – MindBody Solutions, Matthew Sanford – spring 2010.
- Teacher Training Teacher – Nicky Knoff 200 HR RYT, Anatomy, Functional Anatomy & Physiology, 1999,2000.
– Radiance Method with Melissa Cooley, Anatomy & Energetics of Hatha Yoga, OmSweetOm Yoga, 2013.
- Scott Blossom – Assistant to teacher, Yoga Journal-San Diego, July 2012; Advanced Studies in Yoga & Ayurveda-Kripalu March 2014.
– Contributor to publication: Yoga and Ayurveda-Practices for Healing & Strengthening Bones, Joints & Nerves; Yoga Journal-New York, April 2013
- Lowen Systems – Dynamic Manual Interface – Foundations Certificate 2008; Teacher and Assistant, 2005 to 2012.
- Owner & Founder of Moving Into Harmony 2007 – present.
Additional Educational Opportunities
- Maitland’s Vertebral Manipulation – G.D. Maitland, D.O.
- Mobilization of the Nervous System – David Butler
- Craniosacral Therapy — John Upledger, D.O.
- Visceral Manipulation — Jean-Pierre Barral, D.O., P.T., Gail Wetzler P.T.
- Integrative Manual Therapy – Sharon Wieselfish-Giamatteo, Ph.D., P.T.
- Therapeutic Horizons — Frank Lowen, L.M.T, Sharon Weiselfish-Giammatteo, Ph.D., P.T.
- Lowen Systems (Biovalent Systems, Dynamic Manual Interface) — Frank Lowen, L.M.T.; Foundations Certification, and instructor of Lowen Systems : Fluid Pressure Dynamics (Biomechanics, Cranial & Nervous System, Connective Tissue Systems, Foot & Lower Extremity, Spine, Viscera of Thorax, Abdomen & Pelvis).
- Hatha Yoga — Nicky Knoff, James Bryan (Iyengar, Academy of Yoga), Gary Krafstow (Viniyoga), Rodney Yee (Iyengar), Tias Little (Prajna Yoga : Iyengar / Ashtanga), Matthew Sanford (Adaptive Yoga, Iyengar), Scott Blossom & Chandra Easton (Shadow Yoga, Marma), Shandor Remete & Emma Balvanes (Shadow Yoga, Nrtta Sadhana)
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate – Sarahjoy Marsh (RYT200)
- Ayurvedic Marma Chikitsa — Dr. Vasant Lad, BAMS, MASc, Ayurvedic Physician
- Yoga and Ayurveda – Dr. Vasant Lad, BAMS, MASc, Ayurvedic Physician
- Yoga, Ayurveda and Marma Chikitsa – Scott Blossom, Kripalu School of Ayurveda
- Adapting Yoga for Disability – Matthew Sanford, E-RYT, Mind Body Solutions
- Therapeutic Movement of Tai Chi & QiGong – Gordon Browne, PT
- Multi-System Evaluation:Pain Types, Patterns & Differential Diagnosis – Mary Smith, MPT
- Optimizing Breath & Function: “If You Can’t Breathe, You Can’t Function” – Mary Massery, PT, DPT, D.Sc.